difference in oil/water pumps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

uberdog

Wondering if anyone can say with certainty the difference between pumping capacity of b16, b18b/crv and c1 c5 oil and water pumps.
Which are the same and which have higher capacities? I know they all are interchangeable but while lots of people flat out state that one is performance, I'm not sure if they are speaking of what they know or what is oft repeated as accepted fact.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Feb 18 2005, 08:56 AM
are you looking to buy? i have gsr oil and water pump kits for sale.
[post=462515]Quoted post[/post]​

dood I dont think thats the point of this Post.

The b-series VTEC oil pumps are all the same and output is pretty much equal. it does pump out more than the non-vtec ls pumps.

as far as water pumps, I dont know the output but there are difference in those and are not interchangeable. they all have diff # of teeth.

Originally posted by exospeed*com+Feb 18 2005, 04:56 AM-->
sLuShBoXtEgGy
@Feb 18 2005, 08:56 AM
are you looking to buy? i have gsr oil and water pump kits for sale.
[post=462515]Quoted post[/post]​

dood I dont think thats the point of this Post.

The b-series VTEC oil pumps are all the same and output is pretty much equal. it does pump out more than the non-vtec ls pumps.

as far as water pumps, I dont know the output but there are difference in those and are not interchangeable. they all have diff # of teeth.
[post=462518]Quoted post[/post]​

The water pumps were interchangeable as long as you used the appropriate t-belt.

Supposedly the difference in the two, though I have not inspected them, is that the R is designed not to cavitate at the higher RPM's that it turns. I have a used one of each at the shop. I'll take a look if they were not tossed by now.

im almost positive the b20 has the same oil pump as the r. the ls and b20 water pumps are identicle with 19 teeth wich makes it spin faster but does not flow good abouve 7500 rpms. the type r and gsr are 22 teeth so it spins slower and will be better for rpms over 7500. i just bought a type r water pump and it fits fine on my b20.

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Mar 6 2005, 07:57 PM
im almost positive the b20 has the same oil pump as the r. the ls and b20 water pumps are identicle with 19 teeth wich makes it spin faster but does not flow good abouve 7500 rpms. the type r and gsr are 22 teeth so it spins slower and will be better for rpms over 7500. i just bought a type r water pump and it fits fine on my b20.
[post=470055]Quoted post[/post]​

:yes:

The b20 oil pump is the same. Same part number and everything, and yes to the water pump comments.

Back