1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference In Swap?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by stud4u2c17, Feb 17, 2003.

1. stud4u2c17

stud4u2c17 Senior Member

I always see everyone swapping b16a1 into an CRX Si, but I have a CRX HF, is it easier or more difficult or the same to swap this motor into my car...

if you see anything else I need that I dont have in my list please tell me....

Block, Intake Manifold, Complete Head, Sensors, Exhaust Manifold, Fuel Rail, Injectors, Distributor, Throttle Body, Alternator, Starter, Ignition Wires, A/C Compressor, Power Steering Pump, Headers, ECU, 5 Speed Cable Transmission, Clutch, Axels, Intermediate shaft, Engine Wiring Harness

2. farmer_jason

farmer_jason Senior Member

the swap will be the same but it will be alot faster your almost 300 lbs. lighter than an si

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Shiftlinkage,you need shiftlinkage.Due to the postition of the aftermarket mounts,it needs to be shorter than the linkage comes,HAport offers it,or you can cut and weld your own.

4. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

radiator hoses, upper and lower.

5. cbrnascar0329

cbrnascar0329 Banned

for the a/c you'll need a new bracket...you can get this from hasport or you can have one fabricated..it's up to you. you'll also have to make a dent in the frame for the altenator pulley to clear the frame....
    the dent needs to be about 1/4 inch on the driver side of the engine bay..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted