1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Differences between EK body EX vs Si?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by stmotorsports, Feb 9, 2006.

1. stmotorsports

stmotorsports Senior Member

I *may* have a buyer lined up for my EG EX coupe, and if it goes thru I'll be looking for a replacement for my car only in an EK chassis. Regardless of whether I get an EX or Si, either way I'll be looking to do a motor swap in the EK right away probably B18C, B20Vtec, something (hate B16s). Since the car I have now is an EX, I want to get something with all the same options- all power shit, sunroof, etc... I know both the EK EX and 99-00 Si both have all that kindof stuff, but other than the driveline, are there any other differences between the two? I'm assuming springs/struts are a little firmer on the Si which doesn't matter because stock shit will be ditched for aftermarket stuff either way, etc etc.

Anyone? [​IMG]

2. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

The Si has rear disc brakes, and the EX has drums...The Si also has a front lip, and a different gauge cluster...

Other than that, and the color (Si came in Flamenco Black, Milano Red, and Electron Blue, and the EX came in...well, whatever the regular Civic colors were), I don't think there are any differences.

3. VTECPOWER

VTECPOWER Senior Member

Also because of what civicious said, the ex is about 200lbs lighter i believe. Mainly because of the motor.

But an ex would be less on insurance.

4. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

different rims, slightly larger front brakes, shifter... seats aren't different are they? fuck if I know.

The sway bars are larger I believe.

If you're going to swap it, don't waste your money on an Si.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted