Differences between H23A1 and H23A3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EuroAccord

Hello everyone from Europe! You have quite nice forum here!

My question is: What`s the difference between H23A1 and H23A3?

I have this H23A3(from 2.3iSR euroaccord 1993) motor and i`m replacing all bearings, piston rings and seals.

Are those engines the same except the code A1 or A3?

My brother is about to visit in New York in few weeks, so i don`t have much time to order those parts to his hotel.

Thank you for your quick answer

I think the a1 is dsm and the a3 is euro. Now the american h23 is non v-tec. And 160hp. The euro h23 is with v-tec and comes with 220hp. And thye parts are not enterchangable with out major modifacations.

I think the a1 is dsm and the a3 is euro. Now the american h23 is non v-tec. And 160hp. The euro h23 is with v-tec and comes with 220hp. And thye parts are not enterchangable with out major modifacations.

I`m sorry, i wasn`t exact enough. I`m talking about non-vtec engine with 160hp.

the euro accord sir was v-tec. but there shouldnt be too much differance if they are both h23 non vtec.

they should swap just fine.... i have the jdm h22 out of an accord SIR. in my prelude. its fully built. i like it alot.

Thanks! I just have to find online store where i could order those parts. Which also ships internationally.

What parts do you need? I have a complete h23 swap.

I need piston rings(std.), main bearings(std. 50mm), rod bearings(std. 48mm), upper seal kit(complete), lower seal kit(complete) for 2 engines(i have 2 H23A3 motors under construction). Engines are for Accord CD7 1994 Coupe and Accord CB3 1990 Sedan.

Back