Differences in b16a3, and b16sirII

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lostsol

I tried searching, i know the sirII makes 10 more HP and 5 more ftlbs of torque, but my question is why? what is different that make the sirII make more power?

Higher compression pistons, ECU tuning, and some say slightly more aggressive cams.

most sites list them w/ the same compression ratio though.. ive been looking for this info for like a week lol no one can really tell the difference. I have an a3 in my delsol, but its tired and warn out, so im getting an SIRII w/ a new tranny and LSD from hmotors

Well, no site that's worth a shit is going to list the B16A3/2 and 1st gen B16A's as the same comp. ratio as the 92-00 B16A's.

The USDM B16A2/3's and the 1st gen had 10.2:1 and the 92-00 JDM ones had 10.4:1

SiRII/SiR are trim levels, like the VX, DX, Si etc...availible 89-00, and both had B16A's.

as right as i know you are, because thats the info that i "know" as well. this site, which i have always thought to be worth a damn list almost all b16's as 10.4:1

we're aware of some of the mistakes in the reference section, we are working on it. :)

oh ok, so were pretty sure its a .2 difference in compression, and that is caused by different pistons? and the cams are possibly more agressive?

hmmm...SIR1 and SIR2 were not trim levels. In Japan they usual dont include different numbers after engine codes (b16a instead of b16a1). In order to distinguish the different motors they would refer to the first gen as SIR1 and the second gen of the motors as SIR2. The first ones came in SIR crx's and thats why they gave the motor that nickname. The second gen came in 3rd gen crx's and integra SIR's. The only way to distinguish the motors by looking at them is the color of the plugs (SIR black plugs SIR2 grey plugs)...

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Jan 26 2004, 06:47 PM
The pistons

Wha, is there a fuckin' echo in here?

Originally posted by syphonz420@Jan 26 2004, 06:59 PM
hmmm...SIR1 and SIR2 were not trim levels. In Japan they usual dont include different numbers after engine codes (b16a instead of b16a1). In order to distinguish the different motors they would refer to the first gen as SIR1 and the second gen of the motors as SIR2. The first ones came in SIR crx's and thats why they gave the motor that nickname. The second gen came in 3rd gen crx's and integra SIR's. The only way to distinguish the motors by looking at them is the color of the plugs (SIR black plugs SIR2 grey plugs)...

SiR, and SiRII are in FACT trim levels.

Let me redirect your attention to Honda Japans website where can procede to illuminate your little world.

88-91 for starters.

Lets move on to the EG's, shall we?

And lets not forget the EK's.

Sorry for being a cock, it's a petpeeve of mine, and I haven't had a cigarette in hours.

Thank you that is all.

wow didnt mean to stir up any shit obviously theres a bit of hostility built up on the board. least increase the peace my brothers.

when someone refers to the drivetrain tho no one is talkin about trim levels....if ur asking about horsepower no one cares what color seats you have or what it says on ur door panel...

Originally posted by syphonz420@Feb 24 2004, 10:21 PM
when someone refers to the drivetrain tho no one is talkin about trim levels....if ur asking about horsepower no one cares what color seats you have or what it says on ur door panel...

I really hope you're not trying to defend you little attempt at sounding like you know something. Ok, so according to you, it's ok to go around saying incorrect statements? Right? Wrong. What if they are talking about drivetrains? Ok, then the 92-95 SiR was not availible in an auto, and the SiRII was, the 89-91 didn't have the auto B16A option. so ok, there you go, different drivetrains. Same years, how are you going to describe it now, maybe you could try oh say, accurately, maybe? Just an idea.

if you have a B16a3 and it is worn out just buy a gsr or typer bottom end and save some money and make more power, I would'nt buy another b16

just my opinion though ....................

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 26 2004, 11:18 AM
Higher compression pistons, ECU tuning, and some say slightly more aggressive cams.

and slightly bigger exhaust manifold right?

Back