Differences JDM and USDM ITR pistons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AllMotorB18Civic

I know that the JDM ITR pistons have higher compression than the USDM.
How can I tell the differnce by looking at the piston to know if its USDM or JDM because there both p73 and I DON'T want to buy USDM pistons.

jdm is a p73 00
usdm is p73 a0

thanks to gsrcrxsi for that information.. he just imed me about an ebay scammer claiming his usdm itr's are jdm :p

yup. USDM is A0, JDM is 00.

the ebay site is here -->http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2464776381

if you look closely at the pics, you will notice that he chopped out the serial numbers and bar codes from the piston boxes. he also includes no dome shots of the pistons so you cant see the serial number at all.

i emailed him about it and this was the response i get
"I will guarantee my pistons are JDM ITR. Look at my feedbacks, I don't
think I need to prove to you or anyone else, if you know your stuff, you'll
know when you get it."

so i scanned the pics for proof that they are USDM, and low and behold i found it. if you look closely at the piston skirt, you should be able to make out P73A.

so i emailed him my repose
"you can take a shit in a box and guarantee it, but its still shit man. you are lying and misrepresenting your product. and whats worse is that you are lying about it knowingly and trying to cover it up. see cause i do know my "stuff", and thanks to that, i know not to buy from you. you thought you could get away with passing off USDM pistons as JDM, but i see through you and your tactics.

you see, the code for the JDM piston is P73 00. and the code for USDM piston is P73 A0. i can clearly make out P73A on the piston skirt in your pics. thanks for letting me know who not to buy from in the future."

i will never buy from this person based on this, even though its not really a bad deal either way, its just shady doing what he is doing...

Originally posted by AllMotorB18Civic@Mar 12 2004, 01:30 AM
Does it have those numbers on the piston?

yes, if you look on the piston dome, it should say P73 00 if they are JDM

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Mar 12 2004, 01:46 AM
ya but he left the pistan that say p73a on it

ummm, what? :blink:

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Mar 12 2004, 01:32 AM
yup. USDM is A0, JDM is 00.

the ebay site is here -->http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2464776381

if you look closely at the pics, you will notice that he chopped out the serial numbers and bar codes from the piston boxes. he also includes no dome shots of the pistons so you cant see the serial number at all.

i emailed him about it and this was the response i get
"I will guarantee my pistons are JDM ITR. Look at my feedbacks, I don't
think I need to prove to you or anyone else, if you know your stuff, you'll
know when you get it."

so i scanned the pics for proof that they are USDM, and low and behold i found it. if you look closely at the piston skirt, you should be able to make out P73A.

so i emailed him my repose
"you can take a shit in a box and guarantee it, but its still shit man. you are lying and misrepresenting your product. and whats worse is that you are lying about it knowingly and trying to cover it up. see cause i do know my "stuff", and thanks to that, i know not to buy from you. you thought you could get away with passing off USDM pistons as JDM, but i see through you and your tactics.

you see, the code for the JDM piston is P73 00. and the code for USDM piston is P73 A0. i can clearly make out P73A on the piston skirt in your pics. thanks for letting me know who not to buy from in the future."

i will never buy from this person based on this, even though its not really a bad deal either way, its just shady doing what he is doing...

^^^ update to this if anyone was interested....

aparently whoever setup the webpage, put pics of the USDM pistons up instead of the JDM ones. he thought i was just being ignorant, but i knew what i was seeimg, and once i brought it to his attention, he has promptly changed the pics. he still should have just put up the right pics in the first place.... :shrug2:

Back