Different Engine/Same ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wokam

The car is a 92 Civic VX. It previously had a B16 (from an Si) swapped in with the B16 ecu. The guy blew the engine and left the ecu when he sold the car to me. I put a B18B1 in. He said I could use that ecu with my new engine, I would just have to switch out three wires going to the ECU. Can anyone tell me which three? Or if this is even correct?

He was probably telling you to remove the VTEC wiring when he talked about the "three wires going to the ECU". But yeah, you need to just get the correct ECU. The engine will run on the B16 computer, but since the new motor's a 1.8 liter the fuel maps are probably slightly different. You'll want the B18Bs computer to run the engine optimally...

Get a P75 and plug it in and go, dont cut any of your vtec wires off, I would tape them back into the harness out of the way, but I woulnd get rid of them if theyre already there, you may decide to do an LSVtec later on down the road, and youll already be pre-wired for vtec.

Ok, so I wont have to mess with changing out individial wires right? I just have to plug in the A, B, and D harness plugs into the ecu.

Back