Different Manifold Types?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MikeBergy

Blah blah blah....
I'm beginning to piece together a turbo kit for for my integra. She has an 11.5:1 compression engine in her right now, but that will be coming out for a little project I like to call "300whp for under 1k", in which I will be posting all parts and prices, the build, the tune, etc...I hope to come out at around $1000 for the engine rebuild and turbo kit total cost.

So I'm first doing research on the different types of manifolds out there. I came across this manifold below, and was wondering what type of advantages each of the manifolds offer, versus their disadvantages, if any. NVM the fact that SSautocrap iis the mfr for that particular set.

eBay Motors: " Monster INTEGRA / B SERIES Manifold and 3" DOWNPIPE " (item 150078705329 end time Jan-12-07 11:15:08 PST)

Anyone with a useful link or good personal fabrication experience feel free to chime in. I'm a nearly graduated engineering student, so the more technical and complete the info, the better. An analytical computer model for my engine will be written, and BRE will used for tuning, so please, no "that manifold is crap" or "tuning is everything" type posts, please.

Thanks in advance.

that manifold will do you but brace it up...the weight of the turbo will crack it out. i had an ssauto mani for a while but got rid of it cause i was able to pick up a different one for dirt cheap. i sold my mani and it's still working for my friend...no cracks or anything. but the mani and pipe looks good for the price...i say get it, have it braced up...you really don't have any other choice since you're on a budget anyway.

From my experience with SSAutoshit, just avoid them. It seems cheap and it will be......

Edit: CCfab makes logs and mini rams for like 250ish. I would spend the extra 50 for a solid manifold.

Just hit up your fluids book and read about laminar flow and think about how pulse timing and merging affect pressure and velocity...

Just hit up your fluids book and read about laminar flow and think about how pulse timing and merging affect pressure and velocity...

lol, no kidding. I just nead to read up. I have my fluids book in the closet. Mattingly (Jet Engine Bible) is in the car though. I don't suppose that would help though. What's sad is that I only borrowed my undergrad thermo book (mistake) and now that I want to model a realistic otto cycle, I need to buy one.

Anyone (cough...CCfab guys...cough) have a rule of thumb to go buy when building manifolds, i.e. minimum bend radius, etc...oh nevermind, I'm probably not going to get any useful info from anyone here, lol.

lol, no kidding. I just nead to read up. I have my fluids book in the closet. Mattingly (Jet Engine Bible) is in the car though. I don't suppose that would help though. What's sad is that I only borrowed my undergrad thermo book (mistake) and now that I want to model a realistic otto cycle, I need to buy one.

Anyone (cough...CCfab guys...cough) have a rule of thumb to go buy when building manifolds, i.e. minimum bend radius, etc...oh nevermind, I'm probably not going to get any useful info from anyone here, lol.

Don't worry, I've got a long way to go too. :)

log manifolds are mint for up to 350whp i would say.

buying a manifold like the one you listed with a downpipe limits you to what kinda turbo you can use bc of the exhaust flange. im sure you will also need to modify the downpipe too.

those prices i gave you were too high?

Nah, probably just a little more than my budget at present. I'll probably get manifolds from you, but I need to find a good deal on a good 60 trim t04e/t3.

Back