differential equations

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
anyone here taken Diff eq's ??

If so anyone have an tricks on solving exact equations or a nice reference to help guide me a little better than the damn book I have.

Thanks in advance.

werd, I took that a year ago, and haven't seen it since. In my fluids class I enconter them a decent amount, but I just plug them into MathCAD and it solves it for me.

MathCAD - ewww. You might as well use..ugh...uh..:puke:Mathematica. MatLab FTMFW:wavetowel2:

But, no - I haven't gotten around to Diff Eq yet. I think this summer I'll start through my calc book again and then go into Diff Eq and then Linear Algebra.

I preffer TI Derive as it uses the same syntax as thier calculators
TI-89 titanium + Derive = FTMFW

you can do either linear algebra or diff eq's the order of the classes doesn't matter

i learned more in the classes that actually require me to use diff eq's (like flight dynamics/aero modeling), then in the diff eq's class lol

MathCAD - ewww. You might as well use..ugh...uh..:puke:Mathematica. MatLab FTMFW:wavetowel2:

Lol, that is all we use in the Material's department. It's SOO easy to use once you get used to it. Almost every other department on campus won't even touch it. I hated Mathematica (because its mainly a graphying program) and haven't used MatLab since ENG1101

I preffer TI Derive as it uses the same syntax as thier calculators
TI-89 titanium + Derive = FTMFW

you can do either linear algebra or diff eq's the order of the classes doesn't matter
Blah, TI can suck my computer's balls - it will pwn you at array calculations. But its cool I dont have to take LA or DE in any order, I want to see if any prof's have old teacher additions so I have answers to all the problems.

Asmallsol, ENG1101 = :blows friggin brains out: (is that a smiley yet?). I don't know though, if I wanted it to look like I solved a problem on paper I'd just do it on paper. Otherwise I like the "programming approach" and the array manipulation of MatLab - very useful for what I do with it.

Back