Differential shot?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleepn_accord

99 Integra LS auto
Well, I've replaced the passenger axle twice already.
New Tires
Alignment seems to be ok

When I have the car jacked up and in D4, and accelerate the shaft of the CV wobbles slightly.
It is not out of round. There appears to be some play on the inboard join, but not between the joint and axle.

There is a groaning sound when the car is in drive (not reverse) and I accelerate.

The symptoms that I have been having include:

groaning sound when accelerating (like wheel bearings, but when I checked the bearings with the simple test for movement they seem rock solid)

Upon initial accleration there is a rough vibration that goes away after I gain some momentum

So does this sound like it might be a bad diff or something else?

Quoted post[/post]]
99 Integra LS auto
Well, I've replaced the passenger axle twice already.
New Tires
Alignment seems to be ok

When I have the car jacked up and in D4, and accelerate the shaft of the CV wobbles slightly.
It is not out of round. There appears to be some play on the inboard join, but not between the joint and axle.

There is a groaning sound when the car is in drive (not reverse) and I accelerate.

The symptoms that I have been having include:

groaning sound when accelerating (like wheel bearings, but when I checked the bearings with the simple test for movement they seem rock solid)

Upon initial accleration there is a rough vibration that goes away after I gain some momentum

So does this sound like it might be a bad diff or something else?

What kind of shape are your control arm bushings in?

They seem ok. They squeak, but the upper control arm itself doesn't seem to have any lateral movement.
The chasis has about 20K on it.

Is there any specific way I should check them aside from dropping the LCA and wishbone and checking for lateral movement?

Back