Differentials..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YBLEGAL

Regular Member w/ Cheese
I have an LSD in my car, but me and my buddy were aguing over what it's best suited for. I say an LSD is for cornering, but he insists it's for aleviating torque steer. Can someone toss their opinion into the ring or possibly give us some defining links. I've read all the wiki's. From my reading, an LSD is for corning, and a Lockin Diff is for drag. I'm looking for:

Facts
Personal Experiance

Thanks and happy holiday's in advance!

There are lots of different types of LSDs on the market, so it would help to know which type you are talking about. They all help in both cornering/accelerating around a turn, and controlling torque steer. You are both right.

There are lots of different types of LSDs on the market, so it would help to know which type you are talking about. They all help in both cornering/accelerating around a turn, and controlling torque steer. You are both right.

youre both right and he is (can be) kinda wrong. If you dont have equal length axles, then you might be making the torque steer worse.

hmm alright. i figured it helped on torque steer cuz if you do a burn out, it rotates both wheels. what kind of LSD is in a stock Y21? atleast, i'm guessing it's stock. I didnt put it in. 95 SiR II engine.

Back