Diffs, Kaaz v. Quaife

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
If you look further down in this forum, i made a post of my finalized build list that is to be completed before spring.

My question is, for a weekend/track car, would i be better off with the Kaaz Clutch type diff or would the Quaife geared diff be better?

The diff will be one of the last things to go in the car, so i am in no rush, but i was wondering if anyone had an informed opinion about the difference and possible gains.

A quaife is great for lower HP cars. It has a very smooth engagement and doesn't lose any torque through jerky engagement. It works very well and is almost seamless in the way it biases torque. Not to mention the warranty and the thing is bulletproof.

The Kaaz is much more aggressive. I prefer the way a clutch type LSD locks up on corner exit during power application. However, on a lower HP car you are giving up some time due to the nature of the clutch type diff. Sometimes I find them a bit harsh, especially in parking lot situations, but using the proper oil helps tremendously. Speaking of gear oil, the Kaaz requires that you use a special magical JDM Kaaz oil, which is about 20x the cost of OEM Honda. The Kaaz will also require periodic rebuilds, whereas the Quaife will last a lifetime and never complain about anything.

:woot:

Good info. If you have a torquey motor, it will be able to take full advantage of the clutch type Kaaz. . . .

if i hit over 210 WHP when all is said and done, id be suprised. Ya never know though.

Back