Digital Cameras

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Harms Way

I was just curious as to what digital cameras you guys/girls use/used. I am looking to get one for myself for Christmas and i was trying to research prices and such. Best Buy's website helped a little but the other sites I visited offered little to no help. :( Could someone offer a good choice for a new camera or a good website with reviews and prices? I am looking for a digital camera with atleast 4.1 MP and hopefully below $350.00. Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for a Point & Shoot Camera? Or an SLR Like? I LOVE my Olympus C4000 Zoom.
olympus_c4000_300.jpg

If you want an example of the quality, look at these pictures. They were taken at a 2288x1712 resolution, and resized to 640x480 for the dialup friendly. These are action shots, taken on preset modes.
P1010304.jpg

P1010322.jpg

P1010398.jpg

If you are new to cameras, and looking for simple, go with a Canon PowerShot... If you are looking for an SLR-Like, I recommend nothing but Olympus.

I can provide many high-res shots if you would like.

I got it from a friend for $200 used... Keep an eye around ebay, or pricegrabber.com, things like that... you can find used & refurbs for circa $225, new right now is like $400... But its a year old model.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Nov 22 2004, 10:52 AM
Are you looking for a Point & Shoot Camera? Or an SLR Like? I LOVE my Olympus C4000 Zoom.
olympus_c4000_300.jpg

If you want an example of the quality, look at these pictures. They were taken at a 2288x1712 resolution, and resized to 640x480 for the dialup friendly. These are action shots, taken on preset modes.
P1010304.jpg

P1010322.jpg

P1010398.jpg

If you are new to cameras, and looking for simple, go with a Canon PowerShot... If you are looking for an SLR-Like, I recommend nothing but Olympus.

I can provide many high-res shots if you would like.
[post=420401]Quoted post[/post]​

please tell me you guys were not out 4*4ing

I would recommend canon I have both a powershot and a digital rebel. the rebel is by far the favorite but the powershot can't be beat for just hanging out snapping some pics while out with the buddies.

I've got an Olympus C-4000 also. I love it, but I'm looking to upgrade to something a little more "pro" grade once I can afford it. For a "prosumer" style camera, the Olympus C line is great.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Nov 22 2004, 01:10 PM

please tell me you guys were not out 4*4ing
[post=420524]Quoted post[/post]​

Looks like "mudding" to me. :p

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Nov 21 2004, 07:37 PM
canon digital elph :)
[post=420200]Quoted post[/post]​

Werd the Canon Digital Elph S410 is what both my pops, and my roommate have and they love the camera. I have a Nikon Coolpix 4300. I like it, but it is kinda big and bulky. It takes a slightly better picture and has a slightly higher resolution, but I would rather have the smaller camera for what I do.

I was looking at these:
All are atleast 5.0 MP:
Sony DSC-P93 - 266.95
Samsung Digimax V50 - 288.00
Samsung Digimax V5 - 279.95
I have been looking around a while now, mostly on dpreview.com, and i like the looks and the compact size of the samsung's. The Sony looks a little awkward, almost like it is elongated horizontally, but maybe thats just me. Has anyone had any experience with any of the above listed cameras? Thanks for all the replies.
ScrapinSI - Thanks for the pics, they look aweosme. I was just looking for a small, lightweight, easy to use, camera that i would just bring with me to shoot pics of basically whatever. Nothing professional, and i don't know how many i will even print out, but i wil be uploading them to my Laptop. Thanks again.
Sorry, i forgot to add that I am looking for a point and shoot camera, not an SLR.

For point and shoot, Sony's are pretty good... My previous 2 cameras were sony's... They just tend to have some "funky" and "picky" settings to get it to take pics just right.

And whats with the "please tell me you weren't wheeling" comment? Something wrong with that?

In those spots you didn't... But try climbing up this sand pit in 2wd... My pretty much stock blazer managed to show some skills in 4wd climbing up it.
P1010337.jpg

Good god, what are you? "rig"?? ...Do you drive trucks for a living? :p :lol:

And if you think that's a sandpit... I live next to the Oregon sand dunes, so I'm not too terribly impressed. :D

Back