Digital SLR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Smonkeyboy

k. seeing that im in Visual Communication Design, and have a small hobby in photography, im startin to look at getting a digital SLR. i have a Sony DSC-P72 point and shoot, and its ok, but i really want to have easily adjustable apperture and stuff. i shot 35mm on an SLR for a few years in HS, and now that everything is digital i think im just gonna have to get one.

so basiclly what im askin is, does anyone have any recommendations for Digital SLRs. i was lookin at a few Canon Digital Rebels, but the cheapest one i found was like $600. i know thats a pretty good price, but is there anything esle good and cheaper.

yeah, those cameras rock. id like to get one sometime.

for now, im thinking of upgrading to a newer canon digital elph.

I am a yearbook adviser and I love my Canon digital rebels. they are not for your average prosumer as they take some getting used to but I love it non the less. I have also heard great things about the Nikon D50 and D70. If you get one do yourself a favor and get the bigger CF card. Also a plus for the canon is that it uses any EOS lens.

My buddy has a digital rebel, he loves it. Another buddy has a nikon d50, he loves it as well. Both good starter slr bodies. Lens interchangability is also a plus for both.

Back