dip in power curve...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok, so last night i got bored and decided to put my BLOX IM, 64mm TB and my Hondata intake manifold gasket.. all went well other than a gas leak from the FPR (another hose clamp fixed it).. there is a noticeable gain, but when VTEC activates there is a terrible dip in power but my VTEC seems to pull alot harder now..

what would cause this dip in the power curve at VTEC?? when i chip and tune the p28 i got recently, will that smooth things out??

it has the JDM EG6 intake w/ K&N filter.. CTR cams.. DC 4-2-1 header and exhaust.. plus parts listed above

well, i used to have an ITR manifold on there and it never did anything like that then.. hoping its just the crossover

hmm, need to find a good tuner in my area now

figured it was.. i just hope a good tune will straighten things out

ok, i ordered my chipping kit and extra chips from Xenocron and i found someone to make me a base map.. i told him my setup and he said i should to a Type R base map and advance the timing a couple of degrees.. what do you think??

That would probably be a good start. But engine setups are so individualistic, so I would recommend someone tunning it out for you if that is an available option. ;)

That would probably be a good start. But engine setups are so individualistic, so I would recommend someone tunning it out for you if that is an available option. ;)

i know.. there is a local shop that does street tunes and dyno tunes.. this basemap is to get me by until i can get a real tune..

what'd it cost ya?? its costing me 4 chips that come from a 5 pack for $15.. hehe.. my ecu is getting chipped at the same time, basically for free..

Back