Disc Brake Coversion?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nbitzerEG

nbitzerEG
I have a 92 Civic CX Hatch...what does it take to do a disc brake conversion on the rear end?

an integra rear end thats about it lol everything bolts right up
i did it on my 99 civic coupe i ran into a problem with the lower control arms but the 92 - 95 should have no difference - use everything from the integra it's a bitch to take that sh-t apart trailing arm, brake lines, e brake cables, and so on

I can bolt the tegs rear onto my 94 civic coupe? do you have to mod the brake lines to the rear

ok i have some stuff and i need to know for sure. i have a 93 civic dx and i have the rear trailing arms and upper and lower control arms from a 92 intergra and also the wheel bearing hub assembly. do i just need to swap the disc hub on to the civic trailing arms, or do i need to swap the trailing arms also form the integra ?? someone please help !!! also i dont have axcess to a dc integra so that is out of the question.

also a side note what about the front brakes will swap from a 92 integra to a 93 civic dx ???

well i can tell you one thing your never going to get the rear hub off the trailing arm the bolts lock up and they strip out when you try to get them off
try to use the trailing arm with the hub on it already

if i could get the rear hub off of the trailing arm will it work on the civic trailing arm???

i put 95 civic ex-s rear disk breaks (abs) on my 95 civic ex coupe w/o abs and everything bolted right up with no mods and it works awsome!! i luv it

so the brake system had abs but you didnt hook it up and it works great ? im trying to convert my rear brakes to disk

^^^^ yes sir!!! i even got front and rear cross-drilled rotors for the abs civic, fit perfect, i love them!! look awsome too!!

so then according to what i just read the brakes of a 90-93 integra fit into an eg chassis without any modifications, (to the rear) right, well i got a question on the front brakes, what exactly do i have to change for the front brakes to work.

Back