disc brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

i have the full rear brake set up from a gsr and i thought it would all just bolt up like it was from a civic since its the same size and set up. but just today i was told that i need the 92-95 civic si e brake cable because the gsr is too long. is this true?

and should i wait to put my new shocks and springs on at the same time as the brakes or does it not matter?

i think it might be true because i bought a set from a 93 civic si and the cables are too short if you want we can do a trade i'll pm you with the details

you do need e-brake cables from a gsr. they fit just fine. i have a 92 hatch with rear brake swap and the gsr cables fit just fine. i don't know if this has anything to do with it, but my rear brakes are from a del sol

I use 95 Si ebrake cables and they funny enough, always fit perfect. Use the right part and there is no guessing.

so why is it that when i mine on and i took it to the shop they told me that my cables where too short and that it was not going to work i needed 94 and up gsr and the one that i have is from a 93 si. is there a difference? i have a 97 civic

gsr cables are too long. hwo in gods name you got them to work is beyond me.

you need EG si cables.

it could work if they werent to much more longer- it would just take adjusting it - but it wouldnt work after a short while when it was back in need of being re adjusted which would happen much quick i would think - but this all depends on how much longer it is -=

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Dec 17 2004, 06:02 PM
so why is it that when i mine on and i took it to the shop they told me that my cables where too short and that it was not going to work i needed 94 and up gsr and the one that i have is from a 93 si. is there a difference? i have a 97 civic
[post=433678]Quoted post[/post]​

Hmmm...could be because the EK has a longer wheel base than an EG, maybe.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Dec 18 2004, 12:17 PM-->
civiclxb16
@Dec 17 2004, 06:02 PM
[post=433678]Quoted post[/post]​

Hmmm...could be because the EK has a longer wheel base than an EG, maybe.
[post=434118]Quoted post[/post]​

If you have a 96-00 civic you will need the 99-00 Civic Si e-brake cables. I listened to someone who told me the GSR will work, and they were dead wrong. I ordered some brand new GSR cables based on that persons information and they're too short for my 97 civic HB, if anyone wants some brand new GSR cables I got some. You could ghetto rig the GSR cables to work but there's no sense in that just get the one's that belong with your chassis.

EG=94-01 Integra cables
EK=99-00 Civic Si

Back