1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disel Turbo

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by EdrikLongtail, Jun 2, 2003.

1. EdrikLongtail

EdrikLongtail Senior Member

Hello
    My friend owns a 87 doge disel. He just basicly using this car untill it die's down or something but anywaz. He says he got a turbo under hood and i nooded because it needs it and he says it pushed 15-22 lbs of boost. I understood and said he was right seeing that it needs alot of air to get thoese high compression pistions to fire but anywaz to make a long story short i got an idea. I looked at the turbo and it was somewhat small but bigger then ur little hand held turbo deals B) . and then i started brain storming, If this blowing 15-22 lbs of boost and its somewhat small. Was wondering if i could hook up a dodge disel turbo on a honda? or would the engine still have to be built to make the turbo spin that fast that get that boost up their?

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

the 60-1 wheel IS a diesel turbo.

we tend to use large turbos on hondas. look at the eclipse- 14b, the evo runs 19 psi stock!

3. EdrikLongtail

but also it only pushes 19 below 5500 and then skips to 16.5 =P (i had to do a report on it =P) but i guess i can get a cheap turbo then.. real cheap

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

well, there's 3123123123412341412312312.4 diesel turbos dude. get some more info on it... a/r trim, housings, etc...

5. EdrikLongtail

i know i will.. i wonder if i can get him to get a new bigger turbo and give me his old one :rolleyes:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted