Distibutor problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo97

Performed engine swap, put a 1994 1.5vtec in a 1991 civic hatchback, used original wiring from car. Having problems swapping the distibutor. Had to use the distibutor from the 1994 engine because bolt holes would'nt line up. The problem I am having is that I swapped connectors with old distibutor, got car running. But I now have a check engine light on with code #4 crank angle senor fault, and the car has no power.
Iam a honda tech buy trade. Was wondering if anyone could be of help. :cry: :cry:

You prolly need an OB0 dizzy. I don't know what engine you swapped in - I'm figuring a JDM D15B7 VTEC. The engine, as far as I know, has a dizzy that is not compatible with your ECU, or wiring. I'd suggest a D16A6 dizzy, or maybe one off a 91' B7.

Quoted post[/post]]
You prolly need an OB0 dizzy. I don't know what engine you swapped in - I'm figuring a JDM D15B7 VTEC. The engine, as far as I know, has a dizzy that is not compatible with your ECU, or wiring. I'd suggest a D16A6 dizzy, or maybe one off a 91' B7.
Thanks for the quick reply
The old engine was a D15b2 the new engine is a D15b
I have the original distibutr that is obd 0, couldn't bolt it to new engine.

Quoted post[/post]]

this is the correct info you need to use d16a6 dizzy obd0 read diff then obd 1

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

this is the correct info you need to use d16a6 dizzy obd0 read diff then obd 1
Thanks EG Project and kaoskustoms for all the help,much apprietiated,cheers :worthy:

Back