1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distibutor problems

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by turbo97, Feb 9, 2006.

1. turbo97

turbo97 Junior Member

Performed engine swap, put a 1994 1.5vtec in a 1991 civic hatchback, used original wiring from car. Having problems swapping the distibutor. Had to use the distibutor from the 1994 engine because bolt holes would'nt line up. The problem I am having is that I swapped connectors with old distibutor, got car running. But I now have a check engine light on with code #4 crank angle senor fault, and the car has no power.
    Iam a honda tech buy trade. Was wondering if anyone could be of help. :cry2: :cry2:

2. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

You prolly need an OB0 dizzy. I don't know what engine you swapped in - I'm figuring a JDM D15B7 VTEC. The engine, as far as I know, has a dizzy that is not compatible with your ECU, or wiring. I'd suggest a D16A6 dizzy, or maybe one off a 91' B7.

3. turbo97

turbo97 Junior Member

Thanks for the quick reply
    The old engine was a D15b2 the new engine is a D15b
    I have the original distibutr that is obd 0, couldn't bolt it to new engine.

4. kaoskustoms

kaoskustoms Senior Member

this is the correct info you need to use d16a6 dizzy obd0 read diff then obd 1

5. turbo97

turbo97 Junior Member

Thanks EG Project and kaoskustoms for all the help,much apprietiated,cheers [​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted