Distributor cap to use on JDM H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wiredjosh

I am trying to find a distributor cap that will work on this jdm h22a that has an internal coil. Surely there's one that you can get to work, right? I have searched all over and I can't see where anyone has ever addressed this. Am I just so dense that I'm missing something obvious? It's frustrating me to death. :angry:

Thanks!

i know that the 90-91 accord ex cap is the same as the jdm h22a cap because that is what i used. i know that the 96 accord ex is internal coil but it is different than the h22a cap so if the 94-95 cap is the same as the 96 it wont work

Well, for future reference, the one that I got to work was from the 94-00 integra non-vtec. All of the accord and prelude ones either had the wrong screw pattern or external coil. maybe i just got some oddball dist tho... who knows.

Weird. I know the one I got to work was a 94-95 Accord EX cap. Maybe you never tried to get the EX cap....it's different from the DX/LX.

Oh well, glad you got it to work. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I did use the 94/95 ex cap, cuz I also have one of those, and I tried both the one off my car as well as looked at it while I was at the parts store. In any case, it's going now, so it's all good!

That sounds screwy. I should say that I am sure I tried the 94/95 ex cap, but still ended up using the 94-00 integra non-vtec in the end. The H-series don't have the same distributor bolt pattern as the b-series do, do they? I dunno, it's just goofy.

I remember my distributor came with the wrong cap. I just started flipping through pictures until I found the right one. The cap I was sent had the right bolt pattern but it wasn't for internal coil. So I just found an identical cap for internal coil.

Back