Distributor For A 97 Gsr Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stolenteg

I have a 94 integra gsr and I was trying to rig up a 97 gsr unit - the unit looked the same - bolted right on - the wire harness was seperated in two small harness vs the 94 gsr distributor which has one fat harness - so I broke the plastic on the small harness seperated the distributor harness prongs and turned the prongs up and down and it connected right up - it seemed that honda made the harness design different -two prongs pointing left and right instead of up and down - it seemed to work- the top plugged right up - the bottom was mickey moused but IMO it seemed to work- i'm in the middle of fixing my stripped integra - found a 97 at the junks took the ecu obd2 and bought a jumper but I have everything plugged up but the car won't turn on - it could be 2 things at this point - I had cut the harness up from my 94 unit before I had the jumper and tried to color match the obd1 harness up to a obd2 harness -but of course it had way too many wires - so I saughtered (spelling?) it back up - had two red and two blacks which I had to figure out which went to what harness on the obd1- kinda of took a chance and I think I have the reds okay - one was leading to an injector the other to something other sh!t - but the blacks I was wondering does it matter if I had them mixed up -because in my book it should them as if they lead no where - which give me an idea that perhaps there just grounds - holla back if any one has any insite -

You're hosed tommy.....

Hosed....

Should have bought the right parts to begin with.

1- OBD1 ecu plugs can be purchased. I know, I sell them brand new for theft recovery cars, and I have the pins too.

2- The OBD2 dizzy is a little different than the OBD1 ecu. With some work they can be used as a replacement, but it's really not worth the time and effort to save just a few bux.

Just my .02

okay it seems the distributor is cool... I think the issue is something to do w/ the jumper and me trying to hook up a obd2 ecu to an obd1 harness- so next thing i'mma do is call my boy over and use his obd1 computer (minus the jumper) and try to play w/ the switching the red and black wire - I think the black wire really doesn't matter they are both on the same smaller harness and seem to be only grounds- it's the red wires cause I try to turn it over and its seems to be close to sparking but it just doesn't happen -

Back