distributor ID?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arfmeister

Found a new looking distributor at a pull-a-part yard. But it wasn't on motor and doesn't have much in the way of a code I can find on it (is code buried under any of the components inside?). It does have the TC-05A coil installed, which I think is appropriate for my 4g civic, but I don't know if that's enough of a positive ID to say it will actually work. It physically fits in a 4G 1.5L 16V head, but I don't suppose that means much either. Is it possibly to determine suitable distributor application by its structure?

should have a number stamped into the side of one of the attaching arms - a number like TD02U

It physically fits in a 4G 1.5L 16V head, but I don't suppose that means much either. Is it possibly to determine suitable distributor application by its structure?
the distributors for 88-91 1.5L DPFI engines look identical to the ones for the 88-91 1.5L & 1.6L MPFI engines and will bolt onto the head - they are different inside - the DPFI distributors have a 2-wire white connector and a square 5-wire white connector - the MPFI distributors have a 2-wire white connector and a round 7-wire white connector - there are other distributors that look the same and will bolt right onto the head, but won't work because they are OBD1 or OBD2 - they have gray plugs

Back