Distributor Mess

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleeperteg94

I have a 94 integra LS with a 2000 B18c5 motor swapped in it with a chipped P28 computer. My car threw a code 9, 2 weeks ago.So I started checking some things out. When I pulled the distributor cap off, chunks of plastic and a mangled screw fell out of the housing. Somehow the screw that holds the rotor on to the shaft let loose and decided to tear up some of the sensors inside. My problem now is finding a new one. Could I use and B18c 96-00 distributor or do I need the b18c5 dis.? I guess it needs to OBD2 unless I feel like cutting some plugs and rewiring them. I have also heard that you need a OBD1 distributor to run the (OBD1) p28 computer. If that was true then how was my car running before? I am just a little confused on what the difference is between them. Can someone please clarify this for me? Also if anyone knows a good reputable store to buy from please let me know.

that screw falling out is VERY common among d16a6 distributors.... but this is the first i hear of it on a b-series.

you can use pretty much any b-series obd1 or 2 distributor. get what matches your plug.

you can even use a p28/d16z6 dizzy, but you have to mangle off 2 feet, and hack it on sideways...

obd1/2 ecus/dizzys are interchangeable- they are basically the same, minus the plug differences, but electronically/voltage wise, the signal is the same

Back