distributor plugs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

minitruckerjoshaz

Ahoy, i tried searching but i really dont know what the hell im looking for. I picked up an 89 sedan with a "zc swap", whatever that is, and i dont have any spark. I have gone thru the car and fixed all of the crappy splices the previousowner made and still no spark at the plug. Id like to know what wires in the big round plug coming from the dizzy go to what and what should have power. I think i found a diagram but i have no idea what it means, its using terms i have not heard before.

Also, there is a light on the ecu that turns on for a second when you turn the key on then the lights goes off and stays off. Is that an indication there is something wrong with the ecu?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20160103_211358.jpg
    20160103_211358.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 422
looks like you have a SOHC ZC that was converted to Dual Point Fuel Injection using the original intake manifold that was on the original D15B2 engine - the distributor on the DPFI engine should not have a round 7-wire connector - it should have a rectangular 5 wire connector, as the DPFI distributor did not contain a Cylinder Position Sensor - my guess is that it has the wrong distributor on it and you need the right distributor - the connector for the DPFI engine looks like this (wire colors are as indicated):
DXCONN.jpg

Back