Distributor PRoblems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok we are putting a vtec head on a d series this is just a quick question and mite sound dumb. we have a haynes manual but its not helpin

what order does the wires plug into a distributor

FLAT SIDE

2 3

1 4

is that right ? and also what is the order for an integra b series one too because the haynes manual showing 2 different ways

option a

flat side
2 3
1 4

or option b

flat side
3 2
4 1

please i need help fast on this

This Is how my ls engine is set....

Hope It helps....

gallery_36335_178_7088.jpg

thanks that's what i needed to know does anyone know about the civic? should be same rite?

thats a dirty lookin engine get that thing kleaned. If this helps the fireing order is 1-3-4-2 thats all hodas and most four cylinders the order should go 1on the bottom and 3 above that and 4 is the next one and 2 the next after that. what engine are you working on D or B series and did you set the timming right with the cam gears pointing straight up and the crank aligned with the marks?? let me know and ill help you as best i can.

ya boy steveo

Originally posted by 96CIVICLS@Apr 20 2005, 10:04 PM
thats a dirty lookin engine get that thing kleaned. If this helps the fireing order is 1-3-4-2 thats all hodas and most four cylinders the order should go 1on the bottom and 3 above that and 4 is the next one and 2 the next after that. what engine are you working on D or B series and did you set the timming right with the cam gears pointing straight up and the crank aligned with the marks?? let me know and ill help you as best i can.

ya boy steveo
[post=489394]Quoted post[/post]​

we workin on a d series the b series was for me because i need to kno that because my car is next but back to the topic

the timing is set perfect and we put the wires in like u said, but it lacks power from when u start off acceleration, its got a comp cam in it if that helps but also is the vtec dizzy different from the non vtec, because rite now we have a non vtec dizzy. if u can help me out i would gladly appreciate it. i will be checkin back wit u i'm runnin back and forth from garage to here

thats a dirty lookin engine get that thing kleaned.

The shit is cleaned now..Thats an old pic of it....

I'll try to get a pic of the d series motor for ya...hold on...

Originally posted by Estorvito@Apr 20 2005, 10:20 PM
thats a dirty lookin engine get that thing kleaned.

The shit is cleaned now..Thats an old pic of it....

I'll try to get a pic of the d series motor for ya...hold on...
[post=489404]Quoted post[/post]​

Oops..I dont have the pic anymore...I'll see what I can do tomorrow for ya...

yes Vtek dizzy is diffrent from a non thats why your lacking power and also your timings gonna need to be set that will help with the accelration part trust me so you need to use a Vtek dizzy from the same year and make that the head is plus is your ecu your runnig Vtec ??? that will hep alot. and agian what engine and what head are you puting on it ????? let me know and ill help the best i can.

ya boy steveo

Originally posted by 96CIVICLS@Apr 20 2005, 10:39 PM
yes Vtek dizzy is diffrent from a non thats why your lacking power and also your timings gonna need to be set that will help with the accelration part trust me so you need to use a Vtek dizzy from the same year and make that the head is plus is your ecu your runnig Vtec ??? that will hep alot. and agian what engine and what head are you puting on it ????? let me know and ill help the best i can.

ya boy steveo
[post=489412]Quoted post[/post]​

al;rite we got the vtec dizzy now and we are puttin a d16z6 head on a d15 block the ecu is vtec too

your gonna use every thing that comes with the head and the ecu that match the head this will fix your problem also did you hook up every thing that the vetc needs and adjust your timming right 2% retared from the line. let me know what you find .

ya boy steveo

just remeber that when you set the timming to put the ecu in limp mode and how you do that is put a jumper in the green plug above the ecu connect one to the other side that will put it in limp mode.

ya boy steveo

Back