1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distributor Sputter

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 94H_Ex, Jul 7, 2008.

1. 94H_Ex

94H_Ex Under employed

its an obd-1 for 1.5/1.6 Im getting a sputtering. coil? sensors?

getting fire. but when i increase the throttle i get a bad sputter like its missing badly.

cap is good, rotor is brand new. i switched distributors and the problem is gone. I can leave the good dizzy in there and have it running i know. but i just want to know what would cause the problem so later in life i can be like. OH! i know! instead of i need a new distributor. -_-

any idea's?

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

dizzys have modules in them that can go bad making your car run but run like shit and you cant replace just that part so you have to buy a complete new dizzy when that happens

3. 94H_Ex

94H_Ex Under employed

yeah theres a total of three. one right below the rotor, and 2 near the bottom. i figured it was them. just wasnt sure. ive taken them apart, this one was a throw togather basically and i wanted to find out if its fully working or not. but lol guess not completely eh.

question answered.

close thread if felt needed.

4. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

well if you put another dizzy on and it fixed your car then im sure one of the modules on the old one are bad

5. 94H_Ex

94H_Ex Under employed

yeah. i knew the modules in the dizzy were important. just never understood them and their exact purpose.

well i guess since we're on the topic of them anyways. school me in on them. always willing to learn.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted