Distributor trouble

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kcsublime

I have a 99 honda civic im having a b18 put into the guy working on it is trying to tell me the distributor that came on the motor dosent work with the harness i bought . He says i need to get a distributor for a 99-2000 integra but after some research seems like all obd2 integras have the td-85u. any suggestions or can i just splice the plug from the cut harness that came with the engine into the new harness. Will this work.....any suggestions this whole process has become a nightmare definetly taking it to a known honda garage next time.

Its supposed to be a 96 got it on ebay not sure how to tell. the distributor that came on the motor is def an obd2 i think a td-85u so i think the problem is the harness . what i mean is if my mechanic has already got everything else hooked up can i splice in the plug that fits the distributor without having to worry about gettin a check engine light or having running problems.

Well if its a 96 ls it should work if it has 1 plug on the dizzy, if it has 2 plugs its a obd1, either way it can be changed, all they did on them is on the obd2 the put the 2 power wires into one plug... On the obd1 dizzy the 2 power wires are on a seperate plug..

cutting and splicing the plugs wont cause a check engine light or running problems? cause i live in a county that has emmissions testing.

no its fine i have mine done like that... modded my OBD-1 harness to the OBD-2 plug... no CEL
just make sure you do a decent job soldering and shrink wrapping the splices then cover everything back up with the wire loam and tape it all up for that factory finish :thumbsup:

Back