Distributor wiring obdII to obd I

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

darkeye

I have a 96 prelude which is obdII and i swapped in a obdI jdm H22A i need to know how to wire up the distributor? color codes would be nice. my old motor had the crank angle sensor at the crank and is also external coil while the H22 distributor is internal and has the sensor in the distributor.

me too

I have the exact same problem..... but instead it's a 97 accord lx non-vtec and i'm swapping in a F22B with vtec. Same situation with crank sensor and distributor.

Anyone have any recommendations for this, thx in advance?:confused:

well i found a solution, i got an obdI engine harness and then bought a obdI distributor, that had the crank sensor and it worked , i actually have another obdI harness lying around

still not sure how it would have fixed the problem tho.... did u use the jdm ecu or stock ecu. OH also did u get the OBDII to OBDI conversion harness to use the jdm ecu. thx

the problem with the obdII harness is that the crank sensor wires are at the crank , when u swap to obdI harness the crank sensor wires are at the distributor , so with the obdI distributor that has the crank sensor at the distributor ur all set. yea i'm running jdm ecu and i used the obdII to obdI conversion harness.

is your automatic or standard.... How much u pay for the conversion harness and where did u guy it from? THx

Back