1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distributor

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by darwins_vtech, Jul 14, 2003.

1. darwins_vtech

darwins_vtech Senior Member

I went to change the distributor. I had to take the rotor and cap and coil and stuff to switch it over to the new part. I then went to install it and start it up to make sure it works fine but it doesn't turn all the way over it whines like it wants to start but it won't start. What could it be? Plz help. The motor is a JDM B16A SirII in a 93 civic EX.

Darin

2. crxb18aturbo

crxb18aturbo Junior Member

see if it is getting any spark at the wires or the coil and if not the the ignitor could be bad

3. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

yea, the wires on the igniter are very easy to knock loose... and like crxb18aturbo said, pull a spark plug wire off and see if you are getting spark.

4. darwins_vtech

darwins_vtech Senior Member

Thanx, my buddy helped me. We changed the ICM and then I ran into a whole slew of other problems that I have to get fixed. I ended up jumping the timing belt and I might have bent a valve. My buddy is bringing home a compression tester from his work and we are going to check it. I might have bent a valve. but we'll see. I hope it works out for the best.

Darin

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted