District 9

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GI joe sucked, I walked out and i never walked out on a movie.

Thinking =/= doing.

GO TONITE
THIS.

So, how did you like it? :D

well... went to see it after work

wow... awesome fucking movie

story was very good
cinematography was excellent
actors did very well with their roles
special effects were damn near perfect... other film makers (Michael Bay, McG, George Lucas, im fucking talking to you) should watch this movie and take notes on proper use of effects... THIS is how special effects are supposed to be... there was no time in the movie that i found myself focusing on the effects... they blended in to the movie perfectly... it didnt look like a fucking CGI cartoon...

^ now you made the movie sound like independence day . . . . its nothing like that.

Movie is politically driven and takes aim at things like segregation, apartheid, and the rights of sentient beings.

:concur: definitely not like independence day at all... they both have aliens in them... thats about where the similarities end...
i actually thought the movie had a lot in common with "Blood Diamond"

and the "splattering" well exceeded my hopes and expectations :thumbsup:

I'm glad you liked it. It definitely is one of the best movies I've seen in a while, easily the best of the summer. Hopefully Inglorious Basterds will be good too.

Just read an article that said all the non-cgi aliens were actually played by a single actor. And almost every bit of dialog between Wikus and an alien was improvised between the two of them!

other film makers (Michael Bay, McG, George Lucas, im fucking talking to you) should watch this movie and take notes on proper use of effects... THIS is how special effects are supposed to be... there was no time in the movie that i found myself focusing on the effects... they blended in to the movie perfectly... it didnt look like a fucking CGI cartoon...

This. I mentioned that to my brother while I was leaving theater... "You know, it didn't feel CGI at all... they blended it all in so well!"

Just read an article that said all the non-cgi aliens were actually played by a single actor. And almost every bit of dialog between Wikus and an alien was improvised between the two of them!
Oh, so you don't live here? You're not the owner? Too bad, I have a tasty cat food for the owner here. Oh, so you do live here, good.

"oh you see that counts. as he was striking it down the pen left a mark, so that counts as his scrawl."

d9 rocked. cg wasn't the wrong light shade compared to the real footage. lots of references to south african apartheid. now avatar will be the next big sci fi flick.

Fell asleep during District 9. I think that's the second time Ive ever fallen asleep at a theatre. The first time I was a young, dumb, drunk kid whereas I was completely sober and bored to death during D9.

What movie was it the first time you fell asleep?

man it was a awesome movie unique story but nice and i can say its way better than clover feild that movie sucked balls with that camera view shit they tried

it was slow and confusing at first. Then almost half way through it the plot unfolded and i got into it. the little alien kid played a big role in keeping me hooked on whats going to happen next.

good movie though, wish the ending was different but maybe that for a sequal.

I honestly thought it might be a bunch metaphores for illigal aliens in the US.

Back