Ditchin the D series

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blackice90HB

OK heres the deal-I plan on buying a certain B16A complete bottom end, oil pan's been tapped for turbo,motor ran 12.6's on slicks and 6 psi in an EF before the owner used the head for a LS/Vtec build. I saw a B18a head for pretty cheap, then I started tinking. If I'm right, the b18a has lower compression than the B16a, so do you all think that a B18a head on a B16a bottom end, plus running about 8 psi could be a good street motor? I am doing research on it, but I figured I should ask because you all have been doing this for years and I'm only on my first Honda.

oh yeah, This is going in my EF, my budget is $1000 any and all advice is apreciated-wiring, ect. As for mounts, I seen some on HMT I plan on getting, or I'll get some Eghey mounts and give em the JB Weld treatment, Ride quality isn't an issue as long as it's not just over the top

Dont put the B18A head on the B16 Block . . you will just lose power as the b18 head is not suited for high reving.

Look around for a good deal on a B16A head - that would be the best way for you to go.

Quoted post[/post]]
Dont put the B18A head on the B16 Block . . you will just lose power as the b18 head is not suited for high reving.

Look around for a good deal on a B16A head - that would be the best way for you to go.

Last question, I'm staying OBD0. So, when I get the motor in, everything else is plug and play since I've done the MPFI conversion, right? Oh, I hav to get a new ECU to. Damnit, I just bought a PG7.

i dont see any bad comeing from you useing a ls head on a b16 block as long as you use some stiff valve springs and cam/im suited for high revs. i hear the rocker assembly can be unstable at high rpms. BUT, ive seen motorcycles with the exact same setup (ballrockers) run up to 13,000 rpms

Quoted post[/post]]

Last question, I'm staying OBD0. So, when I get the motor in, everything else is plug and play since I've done the MPFI conversion, right? Oh, I hav to get a new ECU to. Damnit, I just bought a PG7.

The wiring should be plug and play. I see no probs there

b16 bottom and a pr4 head is a solid setup. you can get the parts for very cheap since its the shit everyone has after their ls/vtec's. its almost like a b series twin cam Zc.try and get an YS1 b17 trans though ( or an S1 for that matter) a non vtec trans would make that setup a tank

good luck.

Back