DIY F40

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Not bad at all, and it probably only cost him about 300 grand to make.

wow a kit car ?
a tube chassis vehciel is not rare why do people go crazey over them?

Originally posted by brian11to1@Sep 22 2004, 10:46 AM
its retarded. it started out as an NSX, leave that way. Why pretend its something it isn't. Kit cars suck!
[post=393503]Quoted post[/post]​

Uh did you go through the link? The guy built the thing from scratch. Tube frame and everything.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Sep 22 2004, 03:33 PM
what i wanna know is how he gets air to those intercoolers
[post=393623]Quoted post[/post]​

F40%20022%20(Small).jpg

yes but if you look closely that doesnt really help airflow INTO the engine compartment. thats more like vents, not scoops. air will come out, mostlikely hot air escaping, but not much air will be channeled in for airflow for the intercoolers.

The pictures is actually at a funny angle, but if you look real close and look at it for a while especially on the right side, you can see that the vents are scoops to bring the air in. I wondered the exact same thing, and it just took me a while to see it.

daaamnnnn, that is a BADASS car...I dont even consider it a nsx anymore...did you guys look at the skidpad number? 1.77g's...jesus christ! that thing is sick.

Originally posted by mattcalica@Sep 23 2004, 03:33 AM
daaamnnnn, that is a BADASS car...I dont even consider it a nsx anymore...did you guys look at the skidpad number? 1.77g's...jesus christ! that thing is sick.
[post=393847]Quoted post[/post]​

Its not an NSX, 100% custom. And that things nuts, pretty bad ass. I have a feeling it could do better then a hight ten second quarter mile. But maybe gearing is holding it back. And that if hes really making 800+hp

i still see it as vents. its really hard to tell. its playing tricks on my eyes, in the middle it looks like scoops, but if i change how i look at it i can see them as vents as well. but looking at the outer portion of the scoop/vent thing, the definitely look like vents. i cant even see the outer part as being a scoop.

Back