DIY intake manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bjfisher

anyone have any info on how to make a sheet metal style intake manifold?

if this is the wrong place to post, please move it

It's the right place....

You could just get a flange and mock it up however you want- but if you want something truly effective, you're going to have to do a lot of math to figure out what runner length, runner diameter, plenum size and taper etc... otherwise you just have a big metal box with 4 pipes on it screwing up your engine's performance.

lol yeah the big metal box is what i was wanting to avoid...i was hoping someone has made one and could help out a bit with the math side of things.putting it together isnt a big deal, making it effective like you said, is however.

so anyone speak from experience?

Not me- I would honestly go dig around in my textbooks and start looking up fluid flow and acoustics equations, but that's a LOT of work, and every application is different.

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 5 2005, 11:18 PM
Not me- I would honestly go dig around in my textbooks and start looking up fluid flow and acoustics equations, but that's a LOT of work, and every application is different.
[post=469744]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah true, man, maybe i should jus buy one....i really like the venom style but they cost so much :huh: oh well i'll see if anyone wants to post some free info, if not i understand

I would help you out if I could- but I don't even know all the stuff I would want to know before designing a proper intake manifold. A bachelor's in mechanical engineering isn't enough- I would have to learn some new acoustics stuff first.

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 6 2005, 11:38 AM
I would help you out if I could- but I don't even know all the stuff I would want to know before designing a proper intake manifold. A bachelor's in mechanical engineering isn't enough- I would have to learn some new acoustics stuff first.
[post=469853]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah its cool man, im gonna look into the weirracing manifold, it looks nice

Back