DIY mirror shine on wheels

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cjvictoria

I was wondering if anyone had some good advice on giving aluminum rims a mirror shine

Like this:
17501d1370568066-mirror.jpg

I also been googling my rims and I can get an exact name on them, but I learned they're an American Racing replica of a Ronal wheel.

I want to make them look like the Porsche wheel pictured above.

Suggestions?

Attachments

• mirror.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
A ton of work. My 20's are polished aluminum. I use mothers metal polish and a power ball to polish them up. Not mirror quality but as good as I will do. I have hand polished them before after a car washes wheel cleaner turned my wheel white. They looked good but too much work.

you need to polish them, and after theyre polished you need to clear coat them. its a ton of work.

I am down with a ton of work if it's not expensive to do... And if anyone has had success in clear coating the wheels afterwards, it would be great to see how it held up to the elements, and brake dust, rocks, etc.

I saw that pic of the Porsche wheel and it made me think lol

Last edited:
Wire wheel to strip paint, then shit tons of sandpaper out to 1000000 grit and then polishing compound. Then clear coat or clear powder coat.

Back