DIY: My $50 paint job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, you would fit in good up here with some of the pieces of shit on the roads (not saying it is a piece of shit, please dont take this the wrong way). Alaska is the only state where I see people driving totaled out cars and reconstructs like crazy.

well i didnt get any painting done today.. but i did get the hood sanded down...

to metal.. hah .... . .. did this shit by hand..
DSC02582.jpg

i was thinking to myself to polish it for shit and giggles as i was sanding it.. but then i realized how much work those wheels were.. so i'll pass.

I guess we wont hear from you for a while because your hand is probably about to fall off. You should invest in a random orbital sander.

more my forearm instead of my hand.. haha.. if i didnt have to apply so much pressure to strip the paint it wouldnt have been to bad..

That stuff would work but he would risk removing paint in areas like under the hood. He would have to take the parts off the car to use stripper.

:thumbsup:

I can't believe you did that by hand. That's absurd. Seriously, save yourself from hours of mindless sanding & check out the black & decker mouse sander. Your arms will thank you later.

Now, show me 'sand da hood'!
miyagi.jpg

polishing it would be hilarious, i thought about doing it as well for S&G. I polish aluminum wheels ( my jobs ) so i have a high powered buffer, wouldnt be bad lol, but by hand, hell with that.

How funny would it be to go down the road with a polished body, blinding everone around you lmao

you would have to have some serious clear coat on that or cancer would kill the metal. I got it just replace every panel with stainless steel like the delorean.

alright bitches!! enough.. haha.. this is my paint thread not a free for all

well, got an update.. finished the hood and both doors, i painted over the door handles because i'll be replacing them anyways with black plastic ones... i still have to pick up the bumper and fenders from my buddies house.. he's never home though

the rest should be done by Monday

DSC02587.jpg

DSC02585.jpg

DSC02584.jpg

Back