diy paint job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what ever happened to patience and money management...if you want to learn then get someone who knows what they are doing to supervise you as you do it maybe more expensive for their equipment and mentorship but i'll bet its worth it

I wetsanded alot today...

wetsanding is not painting.

there was never one a drop of water on my trunk. i used a damp cloth to wipe away whatever particles was on there before i painted, though.

yeah i know wetsanding is not painting...i detail cars for a used car lot they come in with dings and small scratches in the clear coats you can get them out by wet sanding them and then waxing them and washing it over again...about every single vehicle i washed yesterday needed it...

you buy a super fine grit sandpaper that is specifically made for use with water, and you sand. it acts as a sanding lubricant, and gets things super smooth.

if you are wetsanding without buffing after than u obviously have no idea what you are doing. Wetsanding dulls the clearcoat and ity must be buffed back to shine again. I dont know what kinda miracle wax ur using but as soon as it wears off your gonnaahve big dull spots everywhere you wetsanded. working for a used car dealership does NOT mean you know how to do bodywork or refinishing, so please dont come in here and ofeer advise when in fact u dont even kno what your talking about

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Apr 11 2004, 09:13 AM
you buy a super fine grit sandpaper that is specifically made for use with water, and you sand. it acts as a sanding lubricant, and gets things super smooth.

thats what i though but you threw me off when you said a drop of water never touched my trunk.

Originally posted by driver1@Apr 11 2004, 09:25 PM
if you are wetsanding without buffing after than u obviously have no idea what you are doing. Wetsanding dulls the clearcoat and ity must be buffed back to shine again. I dont know what kinda miracle wax ur using but as soon as it wears off your gonnaahve big dull spots everywhere you wetsanded. working for a used car dealership does NOT mean you know how to do bodywork or refinishing, so please dont come in here and ofeer advise when in fact u dont even kno what your talking about

note....time of the post.... how about allowing for some error and not being a dickhead?

no offense

Back