DIY smoked lenses

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boofthese

since im still new here i guess this is the section to post DIY on your model specific cars ?

So for awhile ive been seraching all over the net for those smoked corner lense for my 94-97 model teg, and well everyone and their mothers wanted upwards of 40+bucks, and since im a cheap ass i thought id do a lil research, well i found some stuff called nightshade, but from what i could read you could only order it online. So i started going around to some hobby shops around my town, mind you a smaller town, and found this model paint, it only ran me about $5 bucks :
100_0296.jpg

well after i shot the corner lenses a few times over it went from this:
carpics008.jpg

To this :
(Driver side)
100_0291.jpg

(Passanger side)
100_0292.jpg

To me now that i look at the pics the passanger side looks lighter, but up close they look the same :shrug2:

should have taken the comparison pic like the first one.. that way you could really tell the difference

Ya i was going to take a comparison pic but i completly forgot till after i already did it LOL, i think it turned out pretty good imo, we'll see how it stands the test of time though. If you look at it in person they look identical but the pics make it look different

The driver side looks to be more in the shade as opposed to the passenger side. If we're looking for differences in tint, the surrounding shade would make them look quite different.

Back