DIY - Valve Adjustment Tool

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Are you talking about the 5/8'' wrench with the socket hammered in it???

Damn... I can't find one single picture online of what I use... not even on Craftsman's site.

I have one of those GearWrench open ended socket sets in metric- I just pop a screwdriver through one of those and I'm set. The sockets are driven on the outside and are designed to let extremely large rods through- so they're perfect for valve adjustments. If I don't have enough clearance, I just pop an extension on and try again. The whole set was $30- cheaper than Snap-On's tool, and I can do any size valve- not just 10mm.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 29 2004, 02:14 AM
Damn... I can't find one single picture online of what I use... not even on Craftsman's site.

I have one of those GearWrench open ended socket sets in metric- I just pop a screwdriver through one of those and I'm set. The sockets are driven on the outside and are designed to let extremely large rods through- so they're perfect for valve adjustments. If I don't have enough clearance, I just pop an extension on and try again. The whole set was $30- cheaper than Snap-On's tool, and I can do any size valve- not just 10mm.

The Home Depot carries the same or a similar item.

I haven't seen it there yet, but I don't doubt it...

Here's the exact set I bought at Sears:

KDT8921.jpg

The ends are all open, so there's not as much need for deep sockets anymore- plus you can conveniently adjust your valves and still see what you're doing.

Back