1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dizzy dead?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by wannaberacer, Aug 20, 2004.

1. wannaberacer

wannaberacer Member

Well this sucks for me. I've been working on swapping a b18c1 into my crx this summer and I go back in 2.5 weeks. I ripped out all the wiring and crap and I installed a haltech. I think I wired it right because I get the injectors to fire, motor to crack, etc... But as for spark, I dunno, I'm in the dark. I'm getting an rpm signal but no spark. I know these distributors take a poop fairly often, so if someone can give me a clue on how to diagnose what/if something is wrong with it I'l like to know.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

easiest way to check is to swap with a known good one...

otherwise, the ignitor is working (thats where the tach signal comes from)
    check the coil?

3. wannaberacer

wannaberacer Member

how do I check the coil??

4. wannaberacer

wannaberacer Member

I think I actually fried the ignition module... anyone know where I can get one cheap?

5. wannaberacer

wannaberacer Member

well I fried the coil because that's all swelled up. I bought a new one and that still doesn'r give me any spark. I think I also fried the ignition module when I blew the coil up. I guess its a good time to do the nology/aem external coil setup thingie...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted