1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dizzy difference

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Bobby17772, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Bobby17772

Bobby17772 New Member

hey guys, I'm wondering can I tell the difference between the d15b2 and d16a6 dizzy. I was looking online and all I can see is that some b2's have 1 square plug and 1 round plug. and that the a6 has 2 round plugs. But one parts website I went on it showed that some of the b2's had 2 round plugs so now I'm kind of confused.

1991 HONDA CIVIC Distributor Assembly

So any help would be awesome!

thanks

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

the DPFI D15B1/D15B2 distributor has one round 2-wire connector and one rectangular 5-wire connector - should be stamped TD01U on the side of one of the attaching arms

the MPFI D16A6/D15B6 distributor has one round 2-wire connector and one round 7-wire connector - should be stamped TD02U (88-89) or TD18U (90-91) on the side of one of the attaching arms

3. blk91b18

blk91b18 New Member

also the dpfi should have different style sensors in it. pretty sure it doesnt have all three sensors (cyl pos, tdc, crank) in it. only has two sensors in it.

4. bob cole

bob cole New Member

5. bob cole

bob cole New Member

I posted a pic that shows a new distributor beside my used one, mine was a td-01u 1h26. u can see it don't point to the same degree, its a duralast, they are looking at it now and ant herd what they gonna do about it, has anyone slse ran into this problem with the rotory buttons not matching up?

Attached Files:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted