dizzy difference

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey guys, I'm wondering can I tell the difference between the d15b2 and d16a6 dizzy. I was looking online and all I can see is that some b2's have 1 square plug and 1 round plug. and that the a6 has 2 round plugs. But one parts website I went on it showed that some of the b2's had 2 round plugs so now I'm kind of confused.

1991 HONDA CIVIC Distributor Assembly

So any help would be awesome!

thanks

the DPFI D15B1/D15B2 distributor has one round 2-wire connector and one rectangular 5-wire connector - should be stamped TD01U on the side of one of the attaching arms

the MPFI D16A6/D15B6 distributor has one round 2-wire connector and one round 7-wire connector - should be stamped TD02U (88-89) or TD18U (90-91) on the side of one of the attaching arms

also the dpfi should have different style sensors in it. pretty sure it doesnt have all three sensors (cyl pos, tdc, crank) in it. only has two sensors in it.

hey guys, I'm wondering can I tell the difference between the d15b2 and d16a6 dizzy. I was looking online and all I can see is that some b2's have 1 square plug and 1 round plug. and that the a6 has 2 round plugs. But one parts website I went on it showed that some of the b2's had 2 round plugs so now I'm kind of confused.

1991 HONDA CIVIC Distributor Assembly

So any help would be awesome!

thanks

I posted a pic that shows a new distributor beside my used one, mine was a td-01u 1h26. u can see it don't point to the same degree, its a duralast, they are looking at it now and ant herd what they gonna do about it, has anyone slse ran into this problem with the rotory buttons not matching up?

Attachments

• MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 345
Back