Dizzy help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RickParker

I have a 96 ls and it sounds like the dizzy bearings are bad.. went to new york over the weekend and its rattling real bad (413 miles round trip).. dont have any kind of misfire and still picks up great though.. Dont want to buy a new one just want to fix the bad one now.. are there any other dizzys off any other honda that i could use the parts off of to make two into one?? Little help please:confused:

Why not? you can use many parts off the D-series dizzy. As for the bearings, Im not sure what your talking about.

If its what I think, your probably talking about a housing, If so. you need to buy the same housing as your engine. If you have a LS you need a B18a/b or b20b/z. if you have a gsr you need a gsr or b16 dizzy housing.

im not too sure about electrical.. when it idles and you put your ear to the housing it rattles real bad.. when you are under accelleration itgrinds louder.. i read somewhere about some type of bearings inside.. i didnt want to take it off and have it fall apart.. i was confused because its just a coil pack not like an actual distibutor on a V8.. i do know that the head is about shot and will be swapin the head shortly

Blew that apart.. used a b20z housing thanks for the input!
Why not? you can use many parts off the D-series dizzy. As for the bearings, Im not sure what your talking about.

If its what I think, your probably talking about a housing, If so. you need to buy the same housing as your engine. If you have a LS you need a B18a/b or b20b/z. if you have a gsr you need a gsr or b16 dizzy housing.

Back