Dizzy/plug wire Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TewSmooth18

hmm ok i was messing around with my car today and while I was reving the engine up i could hear some kind of weird ticking sound around the dizzy..im guessing it was probably in the dizzy but not to sure.. is this common? almost sounds like spark but is it supposed to make the ticking sound or whatever it is? if not is my dizzy possibly bad?

Also could someone tell me the firing order for an 88 honda civic dx 1.5 with auto tranny? im not sure if I have it right.. as in if the plugs from the dizzy are correct to where they are going onto each plug..if you have a diagram it would probably help me alot to..Thanks

Well the rocker arms make a ticking noise while the engine is revving. Your firing order should be fine, if you didnt have it right it would be idling pretty bad.

what do you mean how did i get it to stop surging? and it's a Dual Point. oh and the reason im asking what the firing order is for the wires coming off the dizzy into the plugs is because it does have a rough idle..that is why im wondering to make sure it's correct..and i dont think it's from the rockers...i sounds like a sparking noise coming from the dizzy when i rev the motor...wanting to know if that is normal or not

in the cars i've had, i've never heard much noises coming from the distributor-

Ian would know the firing order better than I since he has the helms for this car

i personally never owned one so i'm no use

Back