Dizzy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Glen

Does anybody know where I can find a wiring diagram for a dizzy on a 1989-91 civic/crx ( the color of the wires on the plugs)?

Yea, to make a long story short. I traded my crotch rocket for the car and the motor was bad, so I ordered a new zc sohc motor to put in it. When I put the new motor in nothing matched the wiring harness in the engine bay. So I called up a buddy of mine and he said since they where both d series motors that the parts where interchangeable. So I swapped out the fuel injectors and a few other things. When I got to the dizzy I called him back and he said just cut the plugs off the old motor( zc dohc) and wire them up to the new dizzy on the new motor( zc sohc), but the colors on the wiring have faded. And I don't know what goes to what.

Yea, to make a long story short. I traded my crotch rocket for the car and the motor was bad, so I ordered a new zc sohc motor to put in it. When I put the new motor in nothing matched the wiring harness in the engine bay. So I called up a buddy of mine and he said since they where both d series motors that the parts where interchangeable. So I swapped out the fuel injectors and a few other things. When I got to the dizzy I called him back and he said just cut the plugs off the old motor( zc dohc) and wire them up to the new dizzy on the new motor( zc sohc), but the colors on the wiring have faded. And I don't know what goes to what.

Ok, that explains a lot. I would have rather used a complete, untouched engine harness, everything would of wired up easy. The zc dohc plugs need to be wired into one plug. Ill try to find a better one.
zc-distributorwiring.jpg

Try and upload some pics of the dizzy plugs of your harness and the dizzy.

was the DOHC ZC OBD0 or OBD1? - is the SOHC ZC OBD0 or OBD1? - what ECU are you running? - you can't run OBD0 distributor with OBD1 ECU or OBD1 distributor with OBD0 ECU - the distributor and ECU need to be same OBD - since your car was originally OBD1, it would seem to me that the DOHC ZC was probably running OBD1 - what color are the connectors at the distributor? - OBD1 distributor connectors are GRAY in color and OBD0 distributor connectors are WHITE in color - my guess would be that the connectors on your engine harness are gray and the distributor connectors on the SOHC ZC are white, in which case you need an OBD1 distributor, not different connectors

what model numbers are the 2 distributors you have? the number is stamped on the side of one of the attaching arms

Last edited:
I don't have a computer just an iPhone and I don't know how to upload pics to this site. When I bought the new motor a friend help me put it in and none of the wiring would match up. So I done some research and ordered a new ecu and wiring harness for the motor. When everything came in I tried to install it in the car and the ecu didn't match the plugs, etc, ect. So that is when I talk to a honda mechanic and he told me to just swap the parts out from the old motor. And the only thing I have left to do is the wiring on the dizzy. Is there any other way I can show you the pics?

You don't need a computer to upload pics. Just upload them to a image hosting site like flickr, imageshack, or photobucket using your iphone.

How many wires are coming from the dizzy, I counted 7 or 8? If your car is a 95 Civic and your trying to run a 91 ZC, your going to have to use a obd1 dizzy with and obd1 ecu or your car won't run.

the distributor in the first set of pictures is OBD0 - the distributor connector in the first set of pictures is OBD1 - they are not compatible - the distributor connectors in the last picture are OBD0 - you need to put the OBD1 distributor connector back onto the engine harness and get an OBD1 distributor from 92-95 Civic DX, CX or LX (distributor model #TD-41-U) and use a P06 ECU from 92-95 Civic DX - you will also need to swap the OBD1 injectors from the old engine onto the SOHC ZC or add a resistor box

Last edited:
Ok I have the dizzy form the other motor but it looks like it won't fit all the way into the new motor

Ok I have the dizzy form the other motor but it looks like it won't fit all the way into the new motor
if the old engine was OBD1 DOHC ZC, the distributor will not fit on the SOHC ZC - only 92-95 Civic DX, CX, LX will work

So I need to buy a new dizzy for a 92-95 civic, and it will fit the 91 zc sohc motor and what is the difference in the wiring

Last edited:
Back