Do I need a new ignition?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckl3ss

Ok guys need your opinion on this. My car was running fine, then all of a sudden stalled out on me and wouldnt turn back on. It would turn over and act like it wants to start but would just keep turning. Long story short, I noticed when i turned my key all the way, right before it would usually start, I believe its called accesory, my dash lights werent coming on. but if I turn it manually just about a centimeter more they would come on. So I go to turn the car on, it turns over and i hold the key from coming back to its normal resting place and hold it about a centimeter from where it should normally rest and my car stays on. I'm assuming this means I need a new ignition? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure what its called or how it works. The piece that the key goes in, would that be my problem? if so what is it called?
93 dx Hatchback.

Doing some research, would this be causing my problem the lock ignition cylinder?
getimage.php

Last edited:
Back