Do I need locks if I shave my door handles?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ssl2k

Okay so I'm doing the body work on my doors ATM and I'm thinking about shaving the door handles...

I'm not worried about the process or anything like that but, do I even need locks if I shave the handle? I'm worried that I'm over lookins omething but like I dont really need to have them because the door handle will be gone. So there is no point for the lock right?

thanks
nathan

if you have a remote for your locks, you don't even need the locks now. My goal is to never use the key to unlock my door. ever.

shave it all, you'll have to get an actuator of some sort to pop your door open a little so you can open it when you unlock it.

well i would still have an operational lock for it. when you install your shaved door handle kit and if you use a remote door popper kit, i would also put in a manual release handle hidden somewhere on the outside of your car (wheel well, under car...etc) in case the remote for the door popper fails.

shave the interior handel aswell and just install a button on the panel

yeah im going to put an interior handle for sure...that is why im going to do this...

im leaving my hatch to have a manaul key open just incase my battery goes dead or soemthing like that and i cna't unlock it via the pop kit.

nathan

yeah

i was planning on buying an autoloc kit off of ebay

it is only like $150 w/ an alarm

im sure the alarm is shitty but still

nathan

yeah i just had the place where i get my custom work done install the autoloc kit on my car. its pretty bad ass. i also had them install the backup button incase the remotes die, so it would be smart to get one for your ride. me and my friend are goin to shave the handles, but i have a question....is shaving handles in virginia legal? and if so or if not.......what inspection place will pass my car if anyone knows?

i do not need a "backup" system for my car if i shave my handles. I can just open up my hatch and crawl through.

I'm planning on just leaving my windows open until i get the popper kit in the mail. I park in the garage right now, and my car isn't evne going to move anyways becuase it is missing a damn axle right now :)

nathan

is shaving door handles legal in virginia as long as i have that manual backup button? because i heard remotes dont count. im gettin ready to shave my handles and i need to know.

Originally posted by HondaCivicKid@Jul 25 2004, 07:18 PM
is shaving door handles legal in virginia as long as i have that manual backup button? because i heard remotes dont count. im gettin ready to shave my handles and i need to know.
[post=367935]Quoted post[/post]​

nope it wont pass inspection there.

Back