do i need longer intake manifold bolts or not??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
do i need longer intake manifold bolts or not for Hondata intake gasket??

ok.. i'm just wondering if i'm going to need longer bolts for the intake mani. if i'm gonna be using a Hondata intake manifold gasket w/ a blox manifold.. i was looking at them earlier and it looks like they may be too short.. any info appreciated..

i'd like to find out before i pull the damn thing apart.. if i do need them.. what size should i get??

Last edited:
as you can see in this pic.. i have little room for a thicker gasket

Last edited:
i think that youll be okay.
call hondata they'll know

I'm pretty sure those are studs in the head, not bolts (PITA to remove). Find out what the thickness of the gasket is and compare it to how much stud is sticking past the nuts on your mani.
HondataGasket.jpg

Looks to me like you don't have enough threads left, but hondata makes no mention of needing longer studs in their installation instructions.

studs, bolts.. whatever the fuck they're called.. i think i may be ok, i just dont wanna get it taken apart then find out i'm gonna need different intake "studs" and not have a ride to get them..

ok.. well, heres another question.. how thick is the gasket.. i know the oem gasket isnt thick at all

i should be fine.. i may shave off some material off the manifold mounting points just to be safe..

no.. i'm gonna stay N/A .. aiming for 180-190 whp.. not much.. its just my daily driver.. in fact.. look what i got in the mail today..
ummmmmm001.jpg

blox manifold..

Back