Do I need wiring harness??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

citrEK

Putting my 98 USDM B18C5 into my 99 Hatch. I'm going to use a reprogrammed P28 ECU that I had in my Sol and a Skunk2 OBD2 to OBD1 harness. Do I NEED to get a wiring harness or can I run wires for whatever else there is?

if you still have the harness from your sol i think you could use that and skip the obd2 wiring.

if not you need to make sure you are using he obd2b to obd1 conversion, otherwise it wont work. and if your hatch did not have a vtec motor then you will have to add wires to your current harness.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Sep 17 2003, 11:41 AM
if you still have the harness from your sol i think you could use that and skip the obd2 wiring.

if not you need to make sure you are using he obd2b to obd1 conversion, otherwise it wont work. and if your hatch did not have a vtec motor then you will have to add wires to your current harness.

what is the diff betwheen obd2 and obd2b? i got the skunk2 harness from inlinefour, they knew what motor i was putting in and the ecu i was going to use, does skunk2 make obd2b and obd2 - obd1 harnesses?

yeah but they are two different harnesses for two different ecu's.

get onto hondata.com they have pics of what an obd0, obd1, obd2 and obd2b plugs look like and you can see what you have from there.

Back