Do not buy a JG Edlebrock short shifter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Canadian_GSR

I broke mine off today, on the third thread up from the bottom just below my shift knob it snapped off. Its got a lifetime warranty but still not worth the trouble. anyone know of a better short shifter for about the same price?

how the hell did that happen? you were racing or at least shifting fast right? its kind of funny if u think about but still sux for u because u got to buy a new one

lol same thing happened to me, and i lost a type r knob too with it since the thread part stuck to the knob was so small i couldnt grip it to unscrew it

Originally posted by assman@Sep 17 2003, 08:16 PM
lol same thing happened to me, and i lost a type r knob too with it since the thread part stuck to the knob was so small i couldnt grip it to unscrew it

why didnt you drill it out with small enough of a drill bit to not fuck up the threads on the knob, but so you could then unscrew the remains of the shifter?

i tired but then again the drill bit broke on me so instead i said F it since the knobs i can get for 15 bucks

I wasnt even racing, it wasnt a super hard fast shift i was goin for, just a normal shift and it snapped off, only had the piece of shit for 3 months

hahaha... im sorry its still funny to me... i wonder how a piece of metal can snap so easily... just poorly crafted or sumthin... oh well... did u complain to the company? u should tell them that when it broke off, your wrist was slammed into the sharp piece of broken metal and slit a major vein.... just see what they say (this is all assuming you were shifting into third when it happened). good luck wit whatever shifter u get

heh i madofied my oem shifter from the pivot point to the shift linkage....lengthened it my 1/2" been working great 2 years strong....just make sure you can weld good.

:werd: im gonna sue edelbrock, since the wrist injury from the shifter breaking off i can no longer swing a hammer at work therefore losing my job and ruining my life, imma call johnny cochrane!

and this is why we always say keep your stocker,,,,shorties don't do shit but cause headaches later on down the road for your synchros or breaking your fucking hand from shifting like a crazy neanderthal cronemagnum. :D

Why would any import tuner buy anything from a domestic parts company...This has plagued me... :lol:

my old obx snapped in the same spot after the same amount of time. i was shifting normal pulling out of my drive way.

<_< peice of shit.

Bah. All the aluminum ones are weak... The one from B&M is a VERY nice piece of stainless steel. Heavy weighted so it feels really sweet.

If I ever get one, that'll be it.

Back