Do NOT Go See

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by corvetteguy+Aug 2 2004, 09:34 AM-->
Aww that sucks, i was hopeing it was gonna be a great movie...I hope its not like Darkness Falls, that was the biggest dissappointment of a movie i have ever seen.....A killer toothfairy who don;t like light...terrible acting...."Stay....in...the ...light....."

Bourne Supremecy kicked ass...they should keep making those movies...
[post=371427]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by 90 accord@Aug 2 2004, 12:48 PM
corvetteguy
@Aug 2 2004, 10:34 AM
Bourne Supremecy kicked ass...they should keep making those movies...
[post=371427]Quoted post[/post]​

hell yeah!!
[post=371501]Quoted post[/post]​

werd :withstupid: i need move movies

i, robot? havent seen it, looks teh gay tho. maybe not. bourne supremacy is the best movie ive seen in months, fuckin loved it

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Aug 2 2004, 02:27 PM
Shit man it is $10.50 here to see a movie, and after I wasted my money on Signs, there is no way in hell I will waste my money on another of his movies. Shyamalan is way over hyped as a director.
[post=371496]Quoted post[/post]​

Couldn't agree more. I lost all faith in him after signs; one of the worst movies evAr!

Originally posted by dveit+Aug 2 2004, 05:48 PM-->
MaaseyRacer
@Aug 2 2004, 02:27 PM
Shit man it is $10.50 here to see a movie, and after I wasted my money on Signs, there is no way in hell I will waste my money on another of his movies.  Shyamalan is way over hyped as a director.

Couldn't agree more. I lost all faith in him after signs; one of the worst movies evAr!
[post=371599]Quoted post[/post]​

I liked "Signs".

I'll wait for the Village on DVD, if I watch it at all. The previews didn't look that good to me at all.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Aug 2 2004, 01:27 PM

Shit man it is $10.50 here to see a movie, and after I wasted my money on Signs, there is no way in hell I will waste my money on another of his movies. Shyamalan is way over hyped as a director.

I'm not trying to argue or anything, but what was wrong with signs?

Are you kidding me?

The whole movie is leading upto the aliens invading or whatever. After they go through all that trouble of scaring the town shitless and what-not, they have one little misfortune (last scene), they just all leave? After all that, they leave emtpy handed? What about desctruction and mayhem?

I dunno, I saw the flick a long time ago, and didn't care for it and blocked most of the plot from my head. Maybe there was something at the end that I didn't pick up on? Whatever.

Maybe I got it twisted, but all in all, the movie was whack. I practically fell asleep until the aliens FINALLY showed their faces, then after that I was just dissapointed. :thumbsdown:

Just my .02

The first half of The Village was awesome, the second half sucked. By the end of the first half, I had the "plot twist" figured out. It was pretty transparent.

All you people worry too much about being the 'smart' guy who figured out the movie before it was over...you should just sit and enjoy the movie for what it is supposed to be..it's all fantasy...when you sit there and 'figure out' the movie you take that fantasy away. Why go to the movies if you don't enjoy a bit of fantasy? That's all most movies are anyway...like regular people go racing around city streets out witting cops and badguys alike, all the while doging bullets and making miraculously acurate shots with a handgun from 500 yards.

just my .02

Seriously, I didn't try figuring it out. The movie was pretty transparent, especially as you got toward the end.

I'm the guy who listens to music for the music, not for the lyrics. Sometimes when I say I like a song, people look at me like I'm crazy and say "I can't believe you like that song, have you listened to the lyrics??" I say "Nope, I don't care". I don't look for the underlying meaning in a movie. I didn't figure out The Sixth Sense, nor The Usual Suspects. But I did figure out The Others, and I figured out The Village. Those movies were just utterly predictable.

Back