1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Not Go To Jiffy Lube!!!

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Dustin_m, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

Hey just wanted to bring this to all of your attention. I actually work at Jiffy Lube and i see what really goes on in the stores. I would strongly recommend any of you that use oil change places to stop and go to someone you trust, or do it yourself, its not that hard. I am in the process of finding a new job, caus e i'm tired of this shit, the manager is a fuckin thief and wants us to basically scam people out of their money. I attached a link of a video from an NBC investigation that uncovers a lot about these places. If you want to know about the rest of the story at my job and all the shit this manager does, then check out my other post HERE .

Here's the video

BTW, Mods, i wasn't sure if this might be better in the "Sellers To Avoid" forum. Feel free to move if you want

2. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

anyone watch the vid yet?

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

those places need to be shut down NOW.

4. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

One more reason why I *NEVER* let anyone touch my car.

5. Iron 1

Iron 1 Senior Member

I like to work on my own car... thankyou very much..

6. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

i went to jiffy lube for an oil change on my last oil change. it was too damn cold outside to do it myself. and they seemed to do a good job, they didnt scam me for anything, they topped off all my fluids, and i have no problems or leaks. but i made sure they put in mobil 1 fully synthetic oil. this was also on my auto teg, which i dont care as much about that car, as i do the CRX. i wont let anyone else touch the crx. but they did a good job for me, and i have no complaints.

7. Sabz5150

Sabz5150 FALCON PUNCH!!!

That's why I like my lil hole-in-the-wall place that I take my car to. I can hang out in the bays and talk shop with the guys while they do the work to my car.

Usually I'm like everyone else here... I do my own work. But things like alignments and inspections require a professional and some expensive hardware.

8. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

well, my old manage was really honest, but htis one isn't, but the majority are dishonest, so thats what i meant.

Also, if you buy synthetic, stand there and watch them put it in. This is really annoying to us that are working on the car, but the reason is, some people will sell you synthetic even if they are out of stock, which in that case they will use basically any kind of other oil.

9. driverunknown

driverunknown Senior Member

My boss had a 300M and he got charged 300 dollars to replace the battery. They said some bs about having to remove the fender. Here in Vegas a shop called PUrrfect Auto always wants to change the tranny fluid in all cars. I wish I had my own shop to really help people out. :angry: :angry: :angry:

10. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

my favorite was being told my power steering fluid needed to be changed, when i don't have power steering.

11. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

So a jiffy lube spokesperson is quoted as saying "totally" making it sound like they're talking to a high school cheerleader?

That's hilarious... *chomps on gum and twirls hair* Like you totally need to have your coolant flushed, no joke! *chomps on gum some more*

12. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

my buddy worked at jiffy lube here in orlando, he said that the owners told them if there was a jiffy lube oil filter already on it to just to clean it off with a rag and not change it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted